I know it might be a bit late for this one, but I still wanted to share my favourite foods, moments and restaurants of November, in case you were looking for ideas on what to do and eat this month 🙂
As with every other post, these go in no particular order, so let’s begin.
- Ron’s love juice, School for Scandal (pictured above, left) – This is my absolute favourite cocktail and top recommendation when it comes to School for Scandal. We went and had brunch (and we both had several glasses of this fab cocktail). Read more here.
- Inari Taco, YO! Sushi – We went to YO! Sushi for the first time last month and I cannot even describe how much I liked these tacos. The textures and flavours were just so delicious. Read more about our experience here.
- Dutch mini pancakes, Manchester Christmas markets – I am obsessed with these mini pancakes and they’re the thing I look forward to the most during the entire year. The nutella to pancake ratio is perfect and it makes the sugar high I get 10 minutes after ingesting these absolutely worth it. No blog post available for these, just go and try them (and you can thank me later!).
- Gobble gobble fries and sugar tots, Almost Famous NQ – last month we went and tried their Christmas menu and I feel like everyone talks about how amazing their burgers are but these sides don’t get the recognition they deserve. I think these are amazing and, by far, my favourite thing from their festive menu. Read more here.
- Cookie dough cake, Home Sweet Home – You can get this cake at either of their locations. We live less than 5 minutes away from their NQ restaurant and I gotta confess, I’ve had this cake way too many times (if there’s such a thing!). They have many fantastic slices but this one wins the race. Go get it if you’re in the mood for something fab (or find more sweet spot recommendations here).
- Cod with chickpeas and chorizo, Randall & Aubin – I would have never expected to like this dish as much as I did, but I think these surprises are the best kind of surprises. My mouth is watering as I write about this moment so that must count for something, right? Read more about our experience here.
- Last, but certainly not least, our fantastic trip to Berlin a couple of weekends ago! We went away for Gabs birthday and, as usual, created so many amazing memories, I can’t leave this getaway out of my top list for the month.
And that’s pretty much it! What about you? Do you have anything to highlight from last month? Any amazingly good dishes? Happy moments? I’d love to know 🙂 Leave me a comment if you want to share these with me and make sure to stay tuned for a bigger roundup of my favourites of the year.
In the meanwhile, I hope you’re all staying warm and enjoying some comforting food to keep your mind away from the cold.
Thanks for reading me.