I’m sure this post doesn’t come as a surprise anymore, and since I talked about most of these things either here or on my Instagram (@michellelovestoeat if you haven’t followed me yet!) you probably already know what’s going to be on my list, but I’d still like to share it with you so let’s begin.
- It seems like it was forever ago but last month I had lunch with Becci at Home Sweet Home and loved every bite of it (but I enjoyed her company even more!).
- Gabs’ parents came to visit so that’s definitely one of the highlights of last month as well. Their entire stay is one of my favourite moments, #sorrynotsorry.
- Another honorary mention to Home Sweet Home, this time to the chicken and waffles we had during this family visit. If you want to know what we had during their stay, check my 4 day food guide to Manchester.
- Best thing that happened last month? Our trip to Madrid, of course! It was a family reunion as my mom also came and we spent a week together sightseeing and eating amazing food. One of my highlights from this trip was seeing El Retiro during the summer. It’s a completely different park! I can’t believe it’s the same place we visited last winter.
- Because I can’t ignore my favourite meal during that trip, I have to mention this amazing bao we had at La Gastro. You can read about our experience here.
- Finally, and this time we’re back in Manchester, the halloumi and falafel hanging kebab we had at The Oast House was absolutely amazing. I can’t believe it was my first time trying it (but certainly won’t be my last!).
That’s it for July!
The list might seem short but it has been the best month of 2018 so far, and that’s mostly because of all the amazing experiences we had.
If you’re looking for something else to read, check my 4 day food guide to Manchester! I’m sure you’ll find a new place to try and enjoy for the weekend 😉 If you do, don’t forget to share your experience with me!
Now I’d love to know, what was your favourite moment/thing/food of July? Leave me a comment! I’m always excited to see your responses 🙂
Thanks for reading me, I’ll be back with more delicious content soon.