05 May April 2018 favourites
I can’t believe it’s already May!
This year has been going by way too fast, but we’ve been having a lot of fun these past months so I can’t complain. I know I might be a bit late for this favourites post, but I still wanted to look back and revisit all these fantastic moments that made me incredibly happy during April, so let’s begin!
- Marchador’s tamales were da bomb. If you haven’t checked out my article talking about our visit to Hatch, this is the time to do it! Check it here. Plant-based dishes with the same flavour that characterises Mexican food? Yes, please!
- During that same visit, we tried Blue Caribou’s poutine, and my favourite was this Reuben inspired one! You can read all about it here. You can’t find them in Hatch anymore, but they’re still around so make sure to check their social to see where to find them next time.
- The #Heatwave. If you live in Manchester (or anywhere else in the UK, probably) then you know how big of an event it was for everyone in the city. I enjoyed every bit of it, specially being able to work in the terrace while getting some vitamin D.
- The Lone Wolf Supper Club. April was a month full of drinks, and one of the highlights was definitely this night where we tried a guided menu paired with some fantastic cocktails. If you want to see more, check my story highlights! And also, make sure to follow me because I’ll be preparing showing you how to prepare a nice cocktail on my IG stories soon.
- Oh my! These pancakes were to die for. I’d say this was my absolute favourite food of all April. My post talking about this delightful brunch will be up on Tuesday, so make sure to come back for that.
- And finally, another well loved drink experience. We had a sneak peek of Alston’s Gin Experience. It was an evening where we tried some of their fantastic gins, learned about the history of gin and how to make it, and even made a cocktail behind the bar! Absolutely amazing, read all about it here.
And that’s it!
I love sharing these moments and looking back to see what were the things I enjoyed the most during the month. I’d love to know what was the highlight of your April, and if you have anything you’re looking forward to for this month.
I hope you’re all enjoying this warm bank holiday weekend. I’ll be back on Tuesday with more yummy recommendations 😉
Talk to you soon!