20 Mar 25 things about me
Okay, so I made a poll on my Instagram stories (@michellelovestoeat) a couple of days ago to find out what kind of content you wanted me to share to celebrate my 25th birthday, and most of you voted for 25 things about me, so let’s begin:
- I’m fluent in Spanish – actually, it’s my native language, so if you ever want to practice your Spanish, I’m your girl! Oh, and I know basic Italian (It’s mostly reading and then maybe writing a tiny bit. Listening is super hard because people speak too fast)
- I studied architecture in uni, and it was exhausting.
- I can’t do ice skating because I’m afraid I’ll fall and someone will chop my fingers off with their blades. Which is completely possible, because a friend of a friend had an accident that way (!!!).
- I can’t keep plants alive (except for cactus, and that’s just with G’s help).
- I have a tattoo in my wrist that reads ‘stay strong’ (you have probably seen it in some of my Instagram shots), and I want to get a couple more (any suggestions where to get one in Manchester?)
- I have a serious obsession with crime, and I find ways to enjoy it in all of its presentations: from series like the sinner and mindhunter, to books and novels, and even podcast (my favourite murder is my latest obsession and G is a bit scared).
- I LOVE baking, but we don’t have a proper oven in our current flat so I haven’t baked in almost a year.
- That being said, I’m not really good at cooking (except when it comes to nachos 😂). G does most of the cooking at home, and I’m incredibly blessed to have found a boyfriend that enjoys cooking more than I do.
- Fireworks make me cry. In a good way. I just get incredibly emotional and start crying (and I can’t control it, I’ve tried!).
- I did theatre back in high school and loved every single bit of it. It was a really fun experience and I’d recommend it to anyone!
- I also did MUN (in high school too, but the one that counts for me was in uni). My delegation competed in Harvard representing my university and my country and it was one of the most amazing experiences ever. I learned a lot about the world and about myself, and met some really incredible people along the way.
- I was terrified of the Twister attraction in Universal Studios. And I’m not just saying my 6 years old self, I’m talking about that time I was 14 years old and went with my mom (even knowing what to expect, because I had been years before, I was shaking and almost cried the entire time).
- I love learning and all things science, but SPECIALLY all things space related. From movies (like Interestellar or Life, which I know is sci-fi but still intrigues me), to books (the last one I read was astrophysics for people in a hurry and was amazing, if you have any similar recommendations, send them my way!)
- I HATE driving. I’d be the happiest if I can live the rest of my life without driving ever again. I learned long time ago but the thought of being behind the wheel terrifies me. I’m more into walking or public transportation.
- I’m EXTREMELY competitive, even with ridiculous things like monopoly (ask G and our friends!).
- My mom named me after Michelle in full house. She loved the character and wanted me to be just like her 😂😂😂 (no one in my family is blonde or with blue eyes).
- There’s always either guacamole or hummus in our fridge. I used to make guac all the time but I can’t find decent avocados anywhere in Manchester so I just buy it at the store (even if it’s not half as good).
- I’m a absolute mess. I always carry a tide to-go with me and use it more often than I’d like, because I’m always spilling food and drinks all over my clothes (and even knowing that, I mostly wear white).
- I’m awful at sports. I’ve always been picked last (but I’ve never really care that much). However, I do love gym classes and doing stuff like Pilates, aerial yoga and bootcamp. Just nothing with balls involved.
- Sunflowers are my favourite kind of flower. I love the bright yellow and the fact that they’re always searching the light. I wish I could have some at home!
- I really love reading, but I never seem to find time to do it as often as I’d like to (I’m sure this happens to a bunch of people, adulting is hard!)
- I LOVE rollercoasters and all sorts of thrills (except for Twister, duh!). Some people are terrified of heights or going too fast but I just LOVE that adrenaline rush.
- I don’t like how coconut feels. I don’t mind coconut flavoured foods or drinks but the texture is just awful. I hate that ‘hairy’ feel in my mouth, ew!
- I remember the most ridiculous (and irrelevant) details but can’t usually remember the more “important” stuff. I can definitely tell you the names of some secondary characters of a cartoon from the 90s but I’ll have no clue when you ask me about that place that we said we needed to visit soon.
- Frogs TERRIFY me. If I see one in person, I just panic and get the strangest feeling running through my veins. It’s like the craziest chills. I don’t like them at all.
And that’s about it!
It was really fun and challenging writing down a list about things most people on the internet probably don’t know about me, but at the same time it was really fun trying to come up with facts about my life that might be somehow interesting. Hopefully it wasn’t too boring.
I’d love to know if you can relate to any of these things, or if there’s anything weird/unusual that you’d like to share. Just leave a comment or message me on social. You can find me on Instagram (@michellelovestoeat), Twitter (@mlovestoeat), and Facebook (@michellelovestoeat).
Now, if you’d excuse me, I’ll go drink some champagne and celebrate my 25th birthday eating some pretty bomb food. Make sure to follow me on Instagram to see what we’re up to today!