Okay, so I’ve decided to start something new on my blog this year (and completely forgot to do it last month!): I want to share my favourite things from the month, whether I already blogged about them or not, with you on a short post.
I think it’s a good way to get a bit more personal, and also a fun way to keep a ‘journal’ of the best things of each month. Most of them will be food related, but there might be some personal highlights. Please share your feedback and let me know if this is something you’d like me to continue doing 🙂
These are in no particular order. Let’s begin!
- G making carbonara pasta for me on Valentine’s Day. The pasta itself was delicious but the fact that he thought of buying all the ingredients for a lovely night in (including wine and dessert!) was the best. It’s the little things that matter the most to me.
- Having roses at home. I love flowers, and it’s not just roses but all flowers in general. So having some roses at home, because G got them for me on Valentine’s Day, made me really happy. Fun fact about me: my favourite flower is the sunflower 🙂
- Our trip to Madrid. We’ve been there a couple of times already and we always have an amazing time.
- Truffle ‘huevos rotos’. Keeping the Madrid conversation, this was one of my favourite dishes from our trip. Read about it here.
- Wonder waffle fries. This month we had the chance to try some of Almost Famous GN’s new items and I fell in love these loaded waffle fries. Read about everything we had here.
- Rib Eye steak from Alston Bar & Beef. I know I just wrote about my experience trying Alston Bar & Beef’s Spring menu, but I needed to mention this amazing steak one more time. Read more about it (and all the gin we tried!) here.
- One year anniversary of Michelle Loves to Eat. YES! I forgot to write about it here but last Friday (23/02) was the one year anniversary of this blog and I couldn’t be happier, so that, of course, was one of my favourite things this month!
That’s it! I really enjoyed looking back at the things I ate and the experiences we had this past month to put together this list, and I hope you enjoyed reading it. Let me know your thoughts and, why not, your favourite things that happened this month. I’d really love to know 🙂
Don’t forget that you can still participate in my last Instagram giveaway (@michellelovestoeat) so go check it out!
I’ll talk to you again next Tuesday. I’m preparing something delicious for you to check out 😉