19 Oct Sweet mail from Dolce Twenty!
I received the most delicious care package in the mail the other day, and I need to tell you all about it!
I’m really excited because I have a sweet tooth and I’m always eager to try new treats wherever I go. When I first came from the US, I cannot explain to you how happy I was to start hunting and trying my favourite sweets, not only in restaurants, as I usually do, but in the supermarket as well (hey, I’ve got my own stash of chocolates at home!). So when Karen, from Dolce Twenty contacted me because she wanted to send me one of their boxes so I could try it, I couldn’t resist it and said yes immediately.
So, to tell you a bit more of what this brand is all about. They describe it as ‘being a little more French’, and you can read the full story here, but it basically stands up for indulging every once in a while, as long as you’re striving for some balance when it comes to your overall diet. It’s all about the 80:20 rule, eating your fruits and veggies 80% of the time, but allowing some room for your favourite treats every once in a while.
I was really excited to read all of this because, even being a food blogger, I know that life is all about balance. I do enjoy my treats and foodventures but, believe it or not, I’m not eating massive burgers and delicious pies 24/7.
Anyway, Dolce Twenty is a brand that curates boxes filled with delicious luxury treats from all around the UK, which makes me like them even more. I’ve always been all about supporting and promoting small businesses and entrepreneurs everywhere I go. I did it when we were living in Windermere, and I try to do it in Manchester every time I have the chance. I believe that when people are passionate, everyone deserves to know about them and the amazing work that they’re doing, so I 100% support this initiative of an entrepreneur supporting others! Besides, that means it’s an amazing opportunity to know brands that you probably didn’t even know existed and fill your house with yummy treats every month!
But hey, I’ve talked too much. Let’s get to the box.
Every month seems to have a different theme, and the theme for this one was ‘the sweet and savoury box’ which sounds like something I would kill for!
When you first open it you see a little card describing what this box is about and what you can expect. This month, for example, they say that “you’ll find a combination of sweet fudge, caramel flavours and chocolate, combined with savoury nuts and salts to create a perfectly balanced sweetness” and who can resist that?
Right behind that card you find some information on the vendors, which is really cool in case you loved a specific product and you want to support them by buying more (or just checking what else they offer!).
By this point I was both impressed and excited!
The box had:
- Some dark chocolate and sea salt fudge dipped in dark chocolate, which we both really enjoyed because it was a great balance between the sweetness (and a bit of bitterness) of the dark chocolate combined with the sea salt. If you enjoy this combo, you’ll really like this box!
- A peanut butter fudge sharing square. I’ve never tried anything similar, and I don’t really think my description is accurate, but to me it tasted like some incredibly sweet and condensed peanut butter. I’m a big fan of natural peanut butter, so this was not for me, but I still enjoyed being able to try something different and I’m sure there’s people that would love it.
- A chocolate drinking fudge, which can be used to make a milkshake, hot chocolate, or just add a chocolate flavour to any beverage. I have yet to try this one, but I’m really excited! This chocolate looks thick, so I can already imagine the rich flavour that would result from mixing this with some milk and ice cream for a shake, yuuum!
- Salted caramel popcorn, which we absolutely loved. We devoured the box in one sitting, and I’m already researching where can I get more. I’m not even a fan of sweet popcorn, but I loved the salted caramel touch and the crunchiness of it. This is not your regular sweet popcorn, it’s way better.
- Peanut brittle, which was nice, specially because of the peanuts that were mixed in. I love the sweetness mixed with the peanut flavour, and I still eat a piece of it every couple of days.
- And a Hazelnut and Isle of Skye Sea Salt Dark Chocolate that was to die for. I’m the biggest fan of the sea salt + dark chocolate combo so this was definitely a favourite. The dark chocolate is just the right amount of sweet, and when combined with the sea salt, the flavour comes out even better. Cannot find enough words to describe how big of a fan I am.
I loved the variety of treats this box had and I find really interesting the fact that they’re keeping it to a theme every month. I think that last part makes it super exciting when you subscribe because you never know what you’ll get next month, but I’m sure it will be good!
Karen was incredibly nice to me and sent me the standard sharing box, which is priced at £22.50 + £2.95 P+P. It includes 5-8 items each month and it’s perfect to last you the entire month or to share it with someone else. They have a smaller box priced at £12.50 + £2.95 P+P including 4-5 products a month, which I think is still an amazing deal for all the products you get, specially if you want to treat yourself to some nice sweets every month. And finally, they also have a mini box for £8.99 + £1.95 P+P which is letterbox friendly, and it’s great if you’re on a tight budget but still want to indulge every once in a while.
They have amazing offers where you can pay for a 3-month subscription and a 6-month subscription and get either 5% or 10% discount. And if you still haven’t decided, for a limited time I believe you also get a mini box for £6.99 for your first month, and you’ll receive an additional 4th item for free!
Just like any other subscription boxes, I believe you can cancel or pause your subscription at any time, and I’m sure that now that the holidays are coming, it would make an amazing gift for anyone that enjoys a nice treat.
If you want to know more about the pricing and their offers, or want to get yours now, just head to their shop here. And if you do decide to try them, you can use the code DOLCETWENTYGET10 for 10% off your order and get your treats for even less. Not a sponsored article nor an affiliate link. I’m just sharing my honest opinion and thought it would be amazing for you to save some money, but I’m not making any on my side 🙂
In case you can’t tell, I’m incredibly excited and happy to be a part of this first box launch. I love to see passionate people carrying these projects that not only support other entrepreneurs and small businesses, but also deliver quality products and help me on my quest of finding delicious food (and sweets, and treats, and everything in between) everywhere I am.
That’s it. I’ve talked enough. Now, if you excuse me, I’ll finish my sea salt chocolate bar. I hope you enjoyed this article, and please let me know if you decide to have your own Twenty moment. I’d love to know your thoughts! You can find me on Instagram (@michellelovestoeat), Twitter (@mlovestoeat), and Facebook (@michellelovestoeat).
If you’re a brand, restaurant or fellow foodie and would like to collaborate, you can email me: email@example.com, and I’m sure we’ll create something great (and yummy) together!
Enough is enough. I’m done writing. Talk to you next week.